23 mei 2007, 19:51
Geregistreerd: 3 juli 2005
Het originele persbericht en nog wat aanvullende informatie:
Explorer 8455DVB™ HD/PVR and IP Media Server* Features and Capabilities
Casema Selects Scientific Atlanta DVB/PVR Set-Top to Expand Digital Footprint in the Netherlands
(Hugin Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge) COLOGNE, GERMANY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/22/07 -- ANGA Cable --
Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) company, today announced that Dutch cable operator Casema has selected the Explorer(R) 8455DVB(TM) high-definition television (HDTV) Personal Video Recorder (PVR) set-top for the expansion of digital interactive video services in the Netherlands. Deployment of the new set-top the latest phase of an extensive project between the companies that uses Scientific Atlanta(R) digital headends and their control systems along with Cisco(R) 7600 Series Routers to transport the interactive traffic through the core and edge network. Together with systems integration services, these technologies will create an end-to-end video-on-demand and interactive digital video platform for Casema.
The 8455DVB is Scientific Atlanta's first MPEG-4/H.264 set-top for the European cable market. Its flexible architecture can be adapted to accommodate a variety of conditional access systems for wider deployment across Europe, where it is being evaluated by other cable operators. The new set-tops and the agreed-upon end-to-end network will serve Casema's customers in The Hague, Amersfoort, Utrecht, Amstelveen and Breda. Systems integration expertise is being provided by SciCare(TM) EMEA Professional Services, Scientific Atlanta's integration, consulting and support business.
"We have a very aggressive timeline for the deployment of expanded digital video services to our more than 1 million television service subscribers, and view our new PVR and HD initiative as a key business venture that will strengthen our position in the marketplace," said Gradus Vos, spokesman at Casema. "We selected the Scientific Atlanta solution for this strategic project based on the company's extensive experience in helping companies successfully launch similar complex projects and its reputation for innovative, feature-rich set-tops."
- • Records up to two programs simultaneously while watching another (either live or previously recorded)
• 160 GB (80 hours) of hard disk drive storage with additional options available
• Provides two H.264 standard-definition or one high-definition HD decoder
• Dual SCART connector outputs
• Supports multiple picture formats (480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i) to allow optimum picture performance with both standard and HD sets
• 32 MB Flash / 128 MB SDRAM
• Compliant with DVB-C, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 part 10/H.264 standards
• Supports PAL and NTSC video formats
• Complies with Nagra NASC 1.2 CA and Mediaguard Smart Card
• OpenTV® Core 2.0 and PVR 2.0
• OpenTV application
• Optional EuroDOCSIS™ 2.0 Cable Modem Module with 200 MHz Processor with Dedicated Cable Modem Memory
Bron: Brochure Explorer 8400DVB PVR Set-Top Series
Bovenstaande specificaties zijn de algemene specificaties van Scientific Atlanta bestemd voor de kabeloperators. De specificaties van het uiteindelijke Nederlandse model kunnen dus hier en daar verschillen.