Linksys kwam met de volgende opties. Ik heb nu de configuratie aangepast op basis van onderstaand vermelde reactie. Me router draait nu weeer 24 uur en hoop dat hij dus goed blijft draaien.
Dear Jesse Piscaer,
Thank you for contacting Linksys Technical Support.
If you have intermittent connection, you may check and reconfigure the settings of your router. The problem that you are experiencing may be resolved by changing the value of the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU). You may also change the LAN or local IP address of the router to avoid IP address conflict on the network. To do so, please follow the steps below.
1. Access the router’s Web Base Utility by opening Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar. Hit enter.
2. It will ask for a username and password as log in for your router. Type “admin” for password and leave the username blank. Click on OK and you will be under Setup. If the password is not accepted, please type in your commonly used password and click on OK.
3. Under Setup, look for MTU.
4. Enable MTU with size 1492. You may try to assign values such as 1382, 1400, 1450, 1492, 1024, and 1464 and see which has the most stable connection.
5. Click Apply or Save settings.
6. Go back to Setup and look for LAN or local IP address. Change it to 192.168.2.1.
7. Click on Save Settings or Apply button.
8. Wait for the message “Page cannot be displayed” before restarting the computer.
If you have wireless computers on the network, you may also change wireless settings on your router. To change the wireless settings on your router, you may follow the steps below.
1. Access the router’s Web Base Utility.
2. Under Setup, click on Wireless at the top
3. Change the Wireless Network Name or SSID to your preferred name. You can use your first name to identify the signal.
4. Change the Channel from 6 to 11. You may try other channels and check what the best channel for your network is.
5. Change the Wireless Network Mode to “Mixed” and the SSID Broadcast to Enable.
6. Save the settings.
7. Click on Wireless security, Set security mode to WEP and select 64-bit for encryption.
8. Set default transmit key to 1 and type a pass phrase.
9. Click on generate button and copy WEP key 1.
10. Save the settings.
If you are having irregular wireless connections, you can help by checking the following factors, all of which can greatly affect your wireless signals:
1. 2.4 GHz interference: Your router may be operating on the same frequency as your cordless telephone system (or even your neighbors), or other nearby equipment. Try to change your router’s channel to 1 or 11 (the default is 6) and restart the wireless computers.
2. Physical obstructions: Your router or wireless computers may be loosing connectivity because of physical obstacles, including walls and floors. Try to physically move the equipment to different locations to find a better link.
3. Placement of the router: Linksys suggests that you place your router as high off the ground as possible. If placing in a high location, be sure to give leave a distance of 2-feet between the router antenna tips and the ceiling and wall. If your signal goes through multiple floors, try to place the router on the upper-most floor, and up high in the room that it will be placed in.
4. Surroundings: Keep the router away from large metal objects, bodies of water (fish tanks, bathrooms), and any electrical equipment including television sets, microwaves, radios, etc.
If the problem still exists, you may upgrade the firmware of the router and reset it. To upgrade the firmware, you need to download the firmware file for your router. The new firmware version 1.00.6 for WRT54G version 5 fixes a lot of problems on your router. You may go to www.linksys.com/download
and look for the model and version of your device on the list. Click on “Download for this product” button and download the firmware. To upgrade the firmware of the router, you may follow the link below.
Title: How to Upgrade the Firmware on a Linksys Router
After upgrading the firmware of your router, you may need to do a hard reset. Below are the procedures in performing a hard reset.
A. Press and hold the reset button at the back of your router for 30 seconds.
B. Unplug the power of the router.
C. After that, release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds
D. Turn the router on.
Once the router has been reset, all settings will be restored to factory defaults. You need to reconfigure the Internet settings of your router. To configure the router for Internet, you may follow the step on the link below.
For Cable connection
Title: Setting up a Linksys Router with a Cable Modem and a Dynamic IP Address
If you have any further questions, feel free to visit our knowledgebase at http://www.linksys.com/kb/
or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
so that we can assist you.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Dennis C. Sibonga
Badge ID 18568
Linksys - A Division of Cisco System, Inc.
Web site: http://www.linksys.com