Los bericht bekijken
Oud 27 februari 2009, 20:43
ZiggoExpat's schermafbeelding
Thumbs up

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Excalibur Bekijk bericht
You say the house is new. How "new" is new?
My guess would be 6 years.....

Anyway, the story continued this week and had somewhat happy ending though I fell embarrassed for my technical ignorance too.

I had another 30 minutes call with the Ziggo customer service. ("Yes, I have called several times already. Yes, you did tried this last time and that also. Yes, I have my modem moved with rest of my stuff. No, please do not file another service request with technical department, you tried twice and it did not help...")
At last they put me through a guy that seemed to care. I made him to test my neighbors house and the one over too. He admitted that I must be on the same network segment same amplifier and sent technician. Technician was available next day (!) and arrived on time (!). He tried few tricks and found out the problem was with how the house splitter was wired. It seems that previous tenant must have played with that and did not put things back in order.

Hosana! I have working internet now.

The address on invoice is still old one though and if you check the house number it still reply "Niet beschikbaar" but who cares. Thank you you all, guys, who tried to help!