Los bericht bekijken
Oud 3 september 2008, 13:17
CeeS's schermafbeelding
Site Admin
Ziggo Internet: CMax300|TC7210|Asus RT-AC87U(Merlin)
DTV: CI+1.3 LG|Horizon 7401|Humax 5050&5200

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door jazzl Bekijk bericht
This is mainly due to that ziggo´s got a 16 mbps down/3 mbps up package, where I´ll only getting 1 mbit up with wannadoo.
But how is the quality and stability of this product? Experiences?
Quality and stability is good.

Also, I´m using voipbuster (from voipbuster.com) for alot of calls to outside of the NL.
Voipbusters server dials the number you want to connect with, and your own fixed phone number, and establishes the connection between the two.
In that way, the call itself is not using your own computer to call from, which is for me prefered: It´s nice to use my real phone for the calls.
But I suppose that there needs to be an agreement between ziggo and voipbuster FOR THE INITIATING SIDE OF THE CONNECTION. In other words: I want to know if it is possible to have voipbuster dialing my ziggo number (when I´m the dialer), where I will still get the same good rates as I get with voipbuster/KPN (to other EU countries, 5 cents when you place a call, and no count per minute afterwards).

I hope someone can help me here.

Best Regards

Basically there is no difference between your KPN line and a Ziggo phoneline. What you are doing now is probably dial a number via your voipbuster webpage. Voipbuster then calls your kpn number and also the abroad number and interconnects both. The same can be done for any normal telephone line in the Netherlands. So I expect no problems. For these calls no agreement between voipbuster and your provider is required. Voipbuster also does not have an agreement with KPN for this. VB just call both numbers and interconnect both lines.

I am using voipbuster myself too, but with a voip-capable phone solution. There is a dial-plan inside the phone which routes the calls via voipbuster and routes the 'local-ziggo-destinations' and mobiles via ziggo (as they are free or cheaper via ziggo).. With a voip-phone calls to 'free' countries are really free, so also no start-rate.
The difference between theory and practice in practice is greater than the difference between theory and practice in theory....