View Full Version : horrible experience with iTV

19 juni 2009, 19:23

I write this in english since I learned that my dutch is apparently not good enough.

Ten weeks ago I received the iTV receiver.
Everything works fine except that have no "afspeelknop". :mrgreen: I call Ziggo every week. Every week they say that I should wait one more week. Then after one more week nothing is fixed and I call again.

Today I had a woman on the phone and she said the answer that I must wait and this is the only answer there is. I said that after ten weeks this is not a good answer any more since I have costs for the receiver and the iTV total subscription. I said that since I cannot use the services it would only look reasonable to me if Ziggo would be so helpful, take the receiver back and set my subscription fee back so that I do not pay for iTV any more. She said that the answer that I must wait is the only answer there is. I asked if she can put me through to a manager etc. so that now after ten weeks my problem would finally get attention an any which way ... she said ... the answer I must wait is the only answer there is. I then asked how long she thinks that I must pay & wait? She said she does not know the answer that I must wait ... is the only answer there is.

Folks, I feel that this is pretty ignorant. The lady probably did her best but Ziggo seems to ignore the customer here. I have also sent this by eMail via the Ziggo website ... but they claim that they do not understand me and I get only back letters not even refering to my problem that I do not have an 'afspeelknop'.

Can anyone of you please recommend me what a 'real' dutch person would do in such a case? For ten weeks I have been very nice, but honestly, if it goes a year like this I eventually have to see an advocat/lawyer. Can anyone from Ziggo help me so that I can send the receiber back, get my money back and have no further obligations? Or, even better get this fixed for me??

I am sort of very very disappointed. :cry:

19 juni 2009, 20:29
You have to write a letter in which you describe the problem and the steps you have taken. Tell them you have the right for a proper working device and services as described by them, according to the dutch and european law. Then demand them to fix this problem within a reasonable term (14 days) and if the fail to do so that you will unbind the contract and demand a full restitution of the money paid for the decoder, the money paid for subscription and other costs you had to make. Include the details on the costs in the letter. Send this letter "aangetekend" via a postal office and ask for a delivery receipt.

19 juni 2009, 23:29
Usually this problem is caused by the order that was entered in Ziggo's system when you ordered the ITV decoder. The system only accepts one change or order at any given time. Any other change or order that comes in while the earlier order is still "booked" is simply put on hold until the order is closed. In this scenario the order for the ITV decoder is the first one, the second one is where your Smartcard is supposed to be activated for ITV, which is when you will get to see the "afspeelknop".

The bad news is that sometimes an order gets messed up, by the system, by the administration or for whatever reason. This means the Smartcard cannot be activated untill the messed up order is closed. As a customer, there's not much you can do about that except wait, and putting a call through every couple of days just make sure at least someone is working on it. There's no telling whether the problem will be fixed within two days or a month.

The good news is that your subscription can't be booked into the system, which is, as I described, the cause of the whole problem. This is good news because this means that the subscription hasn't started yet, meaning you won't be billed until the Smartcard is actually activated, so no need for the hassle of asking for restitution.

This is the most common cause of this problem. It is not the only possible cause, just the one that I think is most likely, based on posts in this forum and my knowledge of Ziggo's system. You can however check for yourself whether the activation of the Smartcard is the problem; did you receive a letter from Ziggo, a "wijzigingsoverzicht", where it mentions the Smartcard number, the price of the ITV subscription and the date the subscription started/will start? And when you log on to MyZiggo, is your Smartcard number listed there with the ITV subscription? If the answer for both questions is "no", then the problem is what I thought it would be. Is the answer for one of them "yes", then it's most likely a technical problem and you'll probably have to ask for restitution yourself when the problems are solved.

In either case, especially the latter, the suggestion made in the post above mine is a good one to make sure the pressure is on Ziggo to fix this as soon as possible.

19 juni 2009, 23:37
And don't forget to send forum users 'Infje' and/or 'Kitaro' a PM with your problem (and information such as customer number, smartcardnumber, address). They are ITV support employees and have fixed lots of problems like yours.