View Full Version : Geen internet

26 januari 2009, 08:07
5247 Vanaf gisteravond (zondag) 18:00 geen internet meer.
Telefonie en digi tv werkt wel.
Modem en ander gear tig keer gereset. :giveup:

Trace routes gedaan.
Binnen het Ziggo domein is alles bereikbaar (incl. mail) maar geen enkele verbinding naar buiten.
Routertje jongens ? :rolleyes:

Update 08:00 : 2 buurtjes in the neighbourhood hebben hetzelfde probleem.

Helpdesk gebeld :
Probleemje mijnheer, tis bekend en er wordt aan gewerkt. Nee we maken hier geen call voor aan. :schater:
Nee, communicatie is niet nodig geweest want dit was geen geplande storing. :schater:
Tja, men verwacht dat zo rond het middaguur het probleem zal zijn opgelost maar dit is een schatting mijnheer. Wie weet wat de monteur nog meer vindt. :schater:

Ik heb begrip voor de situatie rondom een storing maar ik heb zelden zulke droevige teksten uit de mond van een helpdeskmedewerker gehoord.
Je zou bijna gaan suggereren dat medewerkers geinstrueerd worden om de klant af te schepen.

26 januari 2009, 09:10
Ook ik zit met het zelfde probleem (5211)

Omdat ik vorige week helemaal geen verbinding had dacht ik weer dat het ergens niet goed zou zitten in mn laptop. Toen kreeg ik een IP in de 169 range, nu mijn normale IP 94.x. Dan zit het goed aan mijn kant.

Wat ik dan niet begrijp is dat er geen backupverbindingen zijn en dat ze dit niet vannacht hebben kunnen oplossen. Of monitoren ze hun netwerk niet 24/7?

26 januari 2009, 18:21
Over die communicatie, ik vraag mij toch af hoe mensen het in gedachten hebben dat Ziggo mensen zou moeten gaan informeren omtrend een storing?

- Storing kan vermeld worden op storingspagina, maar daar waar internet uitgevallen is heeft dit niet heel veel effect.
- Storing zou per email gemeld kunnen worden, maar ook hier geldt, waar het internet is uitgevallen heeft dit niet zoveel zin.
- Per telefoon? Als het 10 mensen betreft zou dit nog te doen zijn, maar als het er 100 of meer zijn ondoenlijk. Daarbij, voor de gebieden waar ook telefonie uitgevallen is heeft ook dit geen effect.

26 januari 2009, 18:40
Teletekst misschien......! :mrgreen:

26 januari 2009, 20:07
Over die communicatie, ik vraag mij toch af hoe mensen het in gedachten hebben dat Ziggo mensen zou moeten gaan informeren omtrend een storing?

- Storing kan vermeld worden op storingspagina, maar daar waar internet uitgevallen is heeft dit niet heel veel effect.
- Storing zou per email gemeld kunnen worden, maar ook hier geldt, waar het internet is uitgevallen heeft dit niet zoveel zin.
- Per telefoon? Als het 10 mensen betreft zou dit nog te doen zijn, maar als het er 100 of meer zijn ondoenlijk. Daarbij, voor de gebieden waar ook telefonie uitgevallen is heeft ook dit geen effect.

Ik neem aan dat Ziggo niet voor niets een aantal pagina's op teletext gereserveerd hebben ??? :oyeah:

29 januari 2009, 14:28
Same problem here guys... already since the evening of the 26th....

5051 and the guy I had on the telephone line said pretty much the same to me... small problem will be solved tonight... as in last night, and guess what? It's not solved yet!

There is news on the Ziggo site now though...

sinds donderdag 29 januari 11.36 uur
Door een storing is er vertraging ontstaan bij het versturen en ontvangen van e-mail berichten via zowel de Ziggo webmail als het e-mail programma op uw pc.
We verwachten dat deze storing in de loop van de middag is opgelost.
Onze excuses voor het ongemak"

BTW... it's not just email we're talking about here... littleor no throughput... high latency... PS3 won't even log-in...

29 januari 2009, 14:59
Biker: try resetting your cable modem: i.e. disconnect the powercord for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

29 januari 2009, 15:04
Biker: try resetting your cable modem: i.e. disconnect the powercord for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

Yo think they've solved it already.... ? I did hard resets last night and it didn't have any effect. That's whn I finally ended up on the telephone with the helpdesk...

I'll try resetting again when I get home this evening... am at work now hence internet...

30 januari 2009, 10:05
Hey biker,

5051 here as well. Did you receive a letter about maintenance in the night of January the 28th?

My connection is crappy since then, download speed is quite allright but my upload is around 0 - 5 kb/s. This is a problem even browsing the net because you need to send info doing that as well.

I have called them 7 times already, and have performed the following actions:

1) Unplugged the power of the modem for
a) Ten minutes
b) Two hours
c) All night (last night)

2) I have a clean Vista install on both pc as laptop.

Funny thing is I caught the last guy saying that at least 12 others from this zipcode has placed the same complaints.

My personal opinion is that they are migrating to ipv6. You might have noticed that in hardware->network adapters (show all) some extra items have appeard;

- Teredo Tunneling Pseudo interface
- 6to4 adapter
- and perhaps some more.

This also shows when you run, cmd, ipconfig/all

It seems this migration has turned out for the worse. I am going to call them again this morning.

Keep you posted!

Gr. Thijs

30 januari 2009, 10:43

Just got of the phone with the helpdesk. Yesterday they told me to call back if the power off has not solved the issue.

Now this guy simple stated I should wait till monday since they already forwarded it to technical last Wednesday. Then why the hell was I told to call back!!!!!

These guys really make me mad. It's @Home 5 years ago all over again (i finally took my business elsewhere back then).

I will let it rest till monday, but they can count on my call early that morning and if no proper action is taken i will consider switching again.

Gr. Thijs

30 januari 2009, 11:03

No letter received from Ziggo about any maintenance.

Your problem symptoms sound EXACTLY like mine. Download from NNTP and HTML goes ok (ish)... no signficant problems, but upload seems to be non-existant. Meaning, browsing the internet is pretty much not possible.

Guy on the telephone last night said that my phone line sounded bad as well (am calling via ziggo) and that there were more modems offline in the wijkkast than online so something MUST be wrong.

He was sending someone to investigate last night... but I still have problems this morning (Fri 30th) and I should call back again if there was no improvement by this afternoon.

Power down of modem does nothing to improve my problem. Will be calling them again this evening and getting pissed-off if there's no improvement.

Keep you posted too.

PS, thanks for writing in English. If you prefer you can write in Dutch as I read it perfectly, I just sound like a 14yr old if I try to write Dutch :shock:

30 januari 2009, 11:30

Must be the same issue, just called my uncle who lives in Goirle as well. Not to my suprise: same problems there.

Good to hear they have sent a guy to investigate, i doubt however they actually did. Suppose they could have told me that during the call earlier today?

Let's hope they are fixing it as we speak and it does get resolved this afternoon! And if not, you can fire one at their helpdesk again. Your advantage is they admit there is a problem with the 'wijkkast'.

Don't mind writing in English, probably isn't flawless either though!

Gr. Thijs

31 januari 2009, 19:47
Any improvement on your end? Here still crappy :sad:

Gr. Thijs

2 februari 2009, 09:06

In one way I'm glad to hear that you're still having problems.... in other words, same shit here mate!

I even got a call from a girlfriend in Breda on Saturday who aked me for help. She said "I appear to have an internet connection, but I just can't seem todo anything".

When I asked if she was a Ziggo user and she replied "yes" I think we found the problem....

This is to be honest, absolutely unacceptable! Just what are we supposed to do to get this solved? I'm calling Ziggo again today and am going o get VERY annoyed with them!

Let's keep each other posted.

2 februari 2009, 09:39

Just got of the phone with the helpdesk. First guy i spoke to told this was the 'Goirle' problem. I hated the sound of that! He connected me to someone who was more familiair with the issue. He told me that the maintenance did not work out as it should have (really? :shock:)

Apperently they physically moved the 'wijkkast'. It is on their to-do-list, but it depends on the amount of customer complaints how fast they will send someone to resolve it. So GOIRLE pick up the phone!!!

We'll just have to sit this one out, he expected a fix tomorrow or the day after.

2 februari 2009, 09:58

Interesting to hear.... I will definitely be calling now.

FYI, I just sent the following via the Ziggo internet site...

Since Tuesday 27th Jan 2009 I have been experiencing internet problems which make it impossible to be able to use the internet.
I have also been experiencing voice quality problems on my telephone line in the same period.
I have called the helpdesk on 3 occasions and have been given weak and conflicting messages about whether or not there is a known problem and when it is likely to be solved.
I personally know of at least 2 other customers of Ziggo in the exact same postcode who are experiencing similar if not exactly the same problems.
To briefly describe the problem, it would appear that I do have an internet connection but that upload seems to be so bad that normal internet traffic is impossible as no information is sent from my computer when browsing. People who call me o I speak to on the telephone also report bad voice quality at my end. This was also recognised by your helpdesk.
I have reset my modem on several occasions to no improvement!
I would like to point out the this IS COMPLETELY UNNACCEPTABLE and needs to be solved as soon as possible.
I would like to receive a correct and accurate description of what the problem is and when it is likely to be solved.
I would also like to know how Ziggo intend to compensate me for the trouble and time spent on the telephone complaining about this problem and lack of telephone and internet service for at least 1 week now... and counting!
Please ALSO use the following email address (xxxxx ( when responding to this complaint as I cannot be sure that I will receive your reaction to this complaint.
Regards, Neal

2 februari 2009, 13:14

I have sent them my comments on this as well, it's in dutch no need to translate i suppose?

Geachte heer/mevrouw,
Mijn klacht betreft het volgende. Het onderhoud dat gepleegd is op 28 januari van 01.00 - 06.00 uur heeft ertoe geleidt dat mijn verbinding zodanig is dat normaal internetgebruik vrijwel onmogelijk is. De wijkkast schijnt fysiek verplaatst te zijn en dat is misgegaan.
Ik vind het ontzettend jammer dat de klanten door uw klantenservice van het kastje naar de muur worden gestuurd, zowel letterlijk als figuurlijk. De standaard zaken als modem uit en inpluggen, de altijd irritante router-vraag en ga zo maar door.
Mijn computerkennis is zodanig dat alle mogelijke oorzaken van mijn kant al uitgesloten waren. Er wordt niet of nauwelijks erkend dat de kans erg groot is dat de problemen met het onderhoud te maken hebben wat een onbeschrijfelijk gevoel van onmacht creeert. Probeer de klant eens niet zo snel mogelijk volgens het standaard procedure boekje af te schepen, maar denk mee, erken de gemaakte fouten en biedt excuses en genoegdoening. Klantenbinding heet dat. In het verleden (rampperiode van @home) ben ik door deze slechte manier van behandelen naar een andere aanbieder gegaan.
Ook het late signaleren van de storing vind ik uitermate onprofessioneel. Er wordt pas een melding van gemaakt als een x aantal mensen gebeld heeft, en in dit geval zijn dat er minder omdat mensen denken dat ze wel iets van een verbinding hebben. Probeer het logge organisatie imago van u af te schudden door attent te reageren als slechts een paar klanten bellen dat er na onderhoud problemen zijn.
Ik vraag aan u hoe u mij tegemoet gaat komen voor de geinvesteerde tijd en kosten aan de telefoon, maar nog belangrijker voor de periode van downtime. Want zo moet u het beschouwen.
U kunt mij bereiken via mail: xxxx ( (wanneer de storing is opgelost uiteraard pas), of via het opgegeven telefoonnummer: xxxx.
Uiteraard kan een brief met voorstel tot compensatie ook per post verstuurd worden naar het bij u bekende adres.
Graag een snelle en correcte reactie.

3 februari 2009, 09:54
I think I'm gonna "go postal" on someone's ass..... if you know what I mean.

I received the following from Ziggo via email yesterday:
Dear Mr. Pxxx,
The following instructions may solve the problem:
- Unplug the networkcable and the powercable from the modem.
- Unplug the router (if you have a router connected).
- Wait for 20 seconds.
- Connect the powercable to the modem.
- Wait until the led's are on or blinking as usual (this can take up to 5 minutes).
- Connect the networkcable to your modem.
- Reconnect your router.
- Restart your computer and check your connection.
If these instructions don't solve the problem, we advice you to contact our Helpdesk at 0900-1884 (10 c/m).

With kind regards,
*** )
Afdeling Klantenservice

Did they NOT read my complaint?

I'm gonna try this (just to satisfy them again) and then call them and give them a piece of my mind!

Keep you posted.

mode edit : Did YOU NOT read the forum rules? : According those rules we agreed not to publish employee names for privacy reasons.

Oops... sorry, I missed that one. It won't happen again.

3 februari 2009, 11:11

I just interrogated a guy from the helpdesk to the bone:

van zondag 1 februari 16.33 uur tot maandag 2 februari 18.45 uur
De eerder gemelde storing in uw postcode gebied is verholpen.

Ondervindt u nu nog steeds problemen met uw internet of telefoonverbinding?
Volgt u de onderstaande stappen om dit te verhelpen:

Stap 1: Haal gedurende 30 seconde de stroom van uw Motorola kabelmodem en wacht vervolgens tot er 4 groene lampjes constant blijven branden.
Stap 2: Indien u meerdere computers aangesloten heeft, adviseren wij u ook de stroom van uw router gedurende 30 seconden te halen.
Ondervindt u problemen met uw digitale televisie?
Volgt u de onderstaande stappen om dit te verhelpen:

Stap 3: Haal de digitale ontvanger voor gedurende 30 seconden van de stroom en plaats deze daarna weer terug op de stroom.
Stap 4: Zet de digitale ontvanger terug naar de fabrieksinstellingen en voer opnieuw een volledige netwerkinstallatie uit.
Wij adviseren u om hiervoor de handleiding van uw digitale ontvanger te raadplegen.
Kopieer de onderstaande link naar de adres balk van uw internet browser/Explorer om de handleiding van uw digitale ontvanger weer te geven:
Onze excuses voor het ongemak.

I performed this actions, but no result. First off I asked why they claim to have resolved the issue when clearly this is not the case. He tried to pin it on an individual case (again). I told him at least 3 people close by are still experiencing the same problems as before. He agreed it seems the problem is not individual but could not tell me on what base they decided to state that the problem has been fixed.

To get it back to a collective issue again he told me to get more people to call (again).

It seems we are in for a nightmare.

Gr. Thijs

4 februari 2009, 10:26
Any news/hope after your last call?

Still no group issue :sad:

Gr. Thijs

4 februari 2009, 17:51
Even offtopic, maar dit topic gaat ondertussen over geheel iets anders als de topic titel doet vermoeden.

Misschien handig om die aan te passen en/of hier een apart draadje voor te starten?

4 februari 2009, 19:03

'Geen internet' is toch wel ongeveer de strekking van onze discussie, maar het zal denk ik niet nodig zijn om een aparte te openen omdat:

This afternoon I tested my speed once more. To my satisfaction my upload speed was over 2000 kbit/s!

After an hour it was back to 0 - 2 kb/s though :cry:

Browsing seems to go just a bit faster but still not workable, but I think we are close to the solution.

Gr. Thijs

4 februari 2009, 19:21
Heb het ook al sinds vorige week dinsdag (Niks gehoord van onderhoud whatsoever) en ben ook van 5051. Heb ook al 2x gebeld en zeiden dat het aan mij lag wat absoluut niet kon, heb dat ook gezegd maar toen kwamen ze weer aan met andere smoesjes om me maar weg te krijgen.
Het rare is mijn download is perfect, maar m'n upload is gewoon knudde (Ik kan bv. wel online CoD4 spelen, ventrilo reconnect om de minuut, hele hoge packetloss op TS en kan niet browsen op het internet.)

4 februari 2009, 20:23
Jep klopt helemaal. Na een paar uur in totaal met de klantenservice gebelt te hebben wisten ze me te vertellen dat de wijkkast in zijn geheel verplaatst is, dit is helemaal misgegaan.

Heb het idee dat het nu iets beter is, maar upload tests wijzen nog steeds uit dat het probleem er is.

Gr. Thijs

5 februari 2009, 00:20
Sorry guys... been out of the country for 2 days. Not called Ziggo either... couldn't be bothered having seen your posts.

Anyway, update my end... I'm actually posting this from home believe it or not! That doesn't mean that it's all ok though :cry:

Looking at your experiences in 5051 mine are EXACTLY the same. DL speed very good, in excess of 12000kbps and I even manage a measurement of 4000kbps UL but then it drops again to 4kbps!

Hopefully we're getting close to a solution though.

Gonna be offline for a week now so I'll get back to you on status in a while. Good luck complaining.

5 februari 2009, 17:34
Het werkt hier weer net nadat ik weer had gebeld. Hopelijk werkt het ook weer bij jullie :)

5 februari 2009, 17:36
Great news... but I will check when I get home this evening. Off skiing tomorrow so I'll only be able to make use in a week or so.

Thanks for the heads-up.

5 februari 2009, 18:56
Looks solid. Both up and down are good since about an hour or so.

Let's hope it lasts!

Gr. Thijs

16 februari 2009, 09:13
Well I'm back from a week's skiing and am pleased to note that my internet connection seems to be woring ok. I even managed to go online with the PS3 last night and experienced no problems with CoD4.

I do note however, that I'm only getting about 6MB/s DL and less than 1MB/s UL at the moment....! I don'tthink that matches with the original package that I took from @Home (all-in-one 12Mb/s), but I'll check that out when I've got time.

Anyone know what the real problem was the past weeks? Or do Ziggo not have any idea either?

16 februari 2009, 11:43

My connection is back to 100% for a while now, both up and download are as they should be. We will probably never know what the problem was, and why it took so long to resolve it.

I'd give them another call, maybe getting a guy to check your problem out might work in this case?

Gr. Thijs