View Full Version : Klacht: Encrypted signal since yesterday!

1 november 2008, 16:48

First off I would like to appologies for writing this in english but my dutch really is horrible so I will spare you the pain ^^

I was wondering if anyone has this problem; Untill 2 days ago the signal was horribly bad on most channels... I would sometimes get lost signals or disrupted signals making it impossible to watch many channels.

I then lost signal on a few channels about 4 days ago including the national geography HD. This was then shortly followed 2 days ago with all the channels now saying that the signal is encripted.

My postcode is 2545.

Furthermore I have tried contacting ziggo through their phoneline but without any sucess... After being hung up upon without even getting an answer 3 times I am now coming on this forum to ask for help ><

8 november 2008, 17:54
Did you try to reset your box?
It seems there have been problems in your area, but they should be solved by now.

17 november 2008, 16:11
It is now the 17th and I am still having those problems.

Ziggo never seems to answer the phone and I am still paying for a service I am NOT getting. ><

PS: I have restarted the decoder a few times already and even removed the card / put it back in with no success.

17 november 2008, 23:41
Well, if the signal is encrypted, there is no active subscription and no billing...

About the encryption problem: As subscribing by phone does not seem to be possible, try subscribing by (you might need to ask a dutch speaking person to help with the dutch form).

About the earlier signal problems: Most of these problems are caused by inferior in-house cabling. The Ziggo HFC network is shielded from interference from other signals. NG HD is in a frequency that is very vulnerable for interference so a smal problem in your cables and connectors does show up at this channel.

Try to connect your STB to the main outled with a coax cable as short as possible. If you still see signal problems, contact customer support.